Wednesday, January 19, 2011

OUR STORY Part 3: "WE WALK BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT"


For those of you who have been following our blog, this is an up date to "Our Story."

Just when you think that you can't take anymore,  the millstone drops a little further and you experience the painful grinding away of any and all reliance on this world as your source.  On January 7th, 2011 we were granted our motion for "Default Judgement" in the amount of $1,177,500.00; which I referred to as having no more value than "monopoly money" at this time.  In other words, it's only on paper until this matter is finalized within the judicial system and we are able to collect our damages.

 Again, a Default Judgement is simply this:
A default judgment results when a complaint or petition is filed with the court and the defendant or respondent does not answer the complaint or petition. Once the set amount of time given to respond expires, the plaintiff or petitioner can ask the court for default or apply for a clerk's default. Depending on what type of case is filed, the filer is called a plaintiff or a petitioner. The person being sued is called the defendant or respondent.


Today defense counsel filed yet another motion; a "Motion to Set Aside Default Judgement, or Motion for New Trial."  In addition they have also assigned a new attorney to the case from within the same law firm.  We suspect that the story will be that the original attorney's health interfered with his handling of the case, compromising fairness for their client.  That's a presumption at this point, but probably a fairly accurate one given the history of this case and, in particular, the ongoing strategies used to delay matters.  In fact, our attorney asked that their firm assign new counsel back in August because of the continued difficulties stemming from defense counsel's health.  Nonetheless, it is a common defense strategy to delay, delay, delay until you either starve, die, go mental or the second coming of Christ takes place. 

In the mean time our creditors are systematically shutting down our credit card limits which we have been using to purchase food.  The last flake of hay has been tossed out for the donkeys to eat, and yet what can we do but savor that one tiny little mustard seed of faith that has carried us thus far.

"I have been young, and [now] am old;
yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken,
nor his seed begging bread."
Psalm 37:25

"The LORD will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish:
but he casteth away the substance of the wicked." 
Proverbs 10:3

Like many of us, I battle the assaults in my thoughts of homelessness, losing my husband to the stress or my heart failing me.  The horses already gone, it is painful to look out at the donkeys wondering if they will be here at the end of the week.  But I owe it to my heavenly Father to press on after so many years of rebellion.  I hear the words of Paul:  "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you .. . . "
"But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen."  Philippians 4:8-20
I have struggled with just weeping before God asking Him to keep my heart pumping and that I be allowed to make it to the other side of this and spend my life loving my precious husband and serving Him.

I know His Word is Truth, and I know that I can't see it all yet.  But being the frail human being I am I cry out desperately at times . . ."LORD CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"




NOT IN A FLOOD ZONE?

GOOD BYE HUMBLE ACRES


Popular Posts