Wednesday, October 5, 2011

OUR STORY Part 72: NEW SEASON BEGINS~THE TAKING CAPTIVE OF EVERY THOUGHT

"Casting down imaginations, 
and every high thing that exalteth itself 
against the knowledge of God, 
and bringing into captivity every thought 
to the obedience of Christ;" 
II Corinthians 10:5


We apologize to those of you who have been patiently waiting for updates. This is the first opportunity we have had to blog; and what used to be taken for granted as a daily accommodation to the Internet is now considered a luxury as our access to WiFi is sporadic.

There are a few stories to share; beginning with another thank you to George at PepBoys in Lake Worth for taking the time to help us, once again. 

Once the trailer was loaded up we could see that the weight on the truck and hitch connection were not correct. The front end of the truck was lifting too high and the hitch connection too low. So I put a call into George explaining the situation and he graciously invited us to come back by the shop so that he could take a look.

When we arrived George could see right away that the hitch needed adjusting, so he removed the hitch, raised it and tightened up the chains on the stabilizing bars before lowering the trailer onto the hitch ball. We would never have known how to do this had it not been for his generosity and kindness.

Once again we were leveled out and ready to begin our journey. Not only did George's kindness and compassion prevent unnecessary damage to our vehicle and trailer, but it also gave us some sense of peace of mind; something that we desperately need at this time given the many stresses of unknowns in our lives.

“Thank you so very much George! May God richly bless you for your kindness and compassion.”

Once we were on the road we found an RV park and stayed their a couple of days in order to have some time to go through and organize the trailer. We lightened our load even more, having to say good bye to a library of books that have been very dear to us over the past couple of years, and a crucial part of our growth and sanctification in God. It was extremely painful to let them go in this manner; but difficult times call for difficult decisions and the weight of our books and some other personal belongings were just too much. Not to mention the clutter making it virtually impossible for us to maneuver and function in our little home.

The second day at the RV park I had the dogs in a little fenced dog run provided by the facility while Mike was working on the trailer. While I was in there I was watching a couple in their 70’s loading up their luxurious mammoth size RV. Within a matter of moments panic hit.

At one point the husband walked around to the driver’s side door of their truck to do some loading. The next thing I know he lets out a huge scream and slumps down into the driver’s side seat while standing outside the door. The wife immediately came bolting from around the far side of the RV frantically searching for her husband but couldn't see him. I hollered over to her “He’s at the driver’s seat!” She was at his side within seconds.

Within a couple of minutes Mike began walking towards me and the dogs.Once Mike was in hearing range I asked him to go see if the gentleman was okay, as I still had my hands full with our two dogs. Mike walked over and spoke with the couple for a few moments and then came on over to explain to me that the husband’s defibrillator implant had gone off on him for the very first time startling him.

The wife ended up driving in place of her husband; and Mike and I prayed as they drove off; asking for God’s grace and protection over their journey.

The experience really affected me; watching this wife in sheer panic as she is searching for her husband who clearly has a life threatening heart condition. Nothing else mattered to her at that point; not the packing or their next destination. Only that her husband was alive.

Life is so temporal, and with all the loss that we have suffered at the hands of others; we are just so very grateful that we still have the most important thing in our lives; our faith in God and the love and companionship of one another.


Living in less than 200 square feet is a challenge to say the least. Add to that the dynamic of strange neighbors that can change from one day to the next; and the fact that they live just feet away from your flimsy front door; well, it all just makes my head spin right now. Even the dogs spend most of their time hiding back by our bed in the trailer; their lives are so unsettled right now. If either one of us is out of site they go nuts.

With our eating habits challenged through this transitional period we have been forced to change our diet for the sake of convenience. As a result of this and the stresses of late my blood pressure has been a mess. My left foot and ankle are so swollen the past two days that I can barely walk on them without excruciating pain. Mike has taken on the brunt of the workload in hopes that the swelling will decrease.

Things have not been easy, but we are trusting that here on the other side of this surreal transition that a plan and purpose for everything we have been through will eventually be unveiled to us. Until that time we just continue to press on and hold fast.

Again, I feel as if I am failing God these past few days; I've been so discouraged and unsettled. Homeless isn't just about being without shelter; its about having no sense of belonging or nesting.

I know our real home lies in eternity; but there is something to be said for feeling some sense of familiarity and belonging. Perhaps this too shall pass as we continue to be broken down and refined through the fiery furnace of testing of our faith in God.

I keep wanting to wake up from this dream and to be back in my bed and in my home at Humble Acres; able to soak in my own bath tub and stretch out my legs as I read; but that chapter is closed.

Psalm 25:16-21

King James Version (KJV)

 16Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
 17The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
 18Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
 19Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
 20O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
 21Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.







NOT IN A FLOOD ZONE?

GOOD BYE HUMBLE ACRES


Popular Posts