Monday, May 16, 2011

OUR STORY Part 35: ROLLERCOASTER MONDAY

CHASE UPDATE:

This tight wire act has really been wearing us out lately. Deadlines approaching, a new defense firm stirring up more delays, and our finances dwindling away.

Well, this morning we heard some wonderful news that will give us at least a little relief. Mike contacted Chase Home Finance to clear up the issue on when they had scheduled the foreclosure sale date. As stated earlier, we initially were told on the phone, June 7th; that would be just a couple of weeks away and four days after our wedding anniversary on June 3rd.

Last week we were told on the phone that the date had been set for July 5th; but not a couple of hours after that our attorney informed us that he had received a letter in the mail advising him that the foreclosure sale date was set for the June 7th date.

When Mike spoke to the representative from Chase today, she informed him that a note had been entered into their system moving the July 5th date to a status of "postponed."  Praise Abba!

It has become a very common occurrence as of late to have some good news served up, providing us some sense of relief; only to turn around and have someone serve up some bad news to knock the wind out of us, again. Today was no different; and just a few hours after we heard of the postponement of the foreclosure sale date, another defense tactic was launched.

GUNFIGHT AT THE LAWYER CORRAL:

Today opposing counsel for the defendants (i.e. the sellers' Realtors), apparently accepted our attorney's challenge to a legal duel. The weapons of choice? Legal motions, petitions and hearings!

Friday was the day that our attorney unloaded a round with his "Paintiffs' 3rd Amended Original Petition" announcing his decision to make this matter a straight fraud case; thus removing any obligation for the insurance carrier to provide legal defense representation and/or to cover any damages awarded to us in a jury verdict.

Today, defense counsel fired a round back in a newly filed "Motion for Summary Judgment"; meaning that they are attempting to have our case thrown out. The grounds for a request for Summary Judgment, is a motion where one side states that the facts presented prove their side of the matter, and thus; a jury verdict is not necessary. I am not sure if that makes sense, but in short; it is an effort by defense counsel to have our case tossed out, robbing us of our civil right to present all of our evidence before a jury of our peers.

The court website shows a hearing date scheduled for six weeks, July 30th, 2011; at which time both sides will present their arguments before the judge, who will then rule on the motion. Yes, another delay. (sigh)

JUST WANT TO SURVIVE:

Each time we take a hit it becomes harder for me to physically recover. Today was especially one of those days. After the good news from Chase, and then seeing the notice of the Motion for Summary Judgment and the hearing date set six weeks out; my blood pressure spiked and I had to lay down.

Mike laid next to me to hold me and try to help me get somewhat stabilized. He then made me some hot tea with honey to help try to alleviate the lingering headache.

My headaches become so debilitating that my face begins to hurt and feel numb. Moreover, along with the headaches I get a tightness in my chest

Surviving a mini-stroke back in 1997, I have some real concerns that add to the fact that I just don't seem to be recovering from these episodes of stress like I was in the beginning of this mess. They seem to be triggered more easily and take more out of me with each episode. Seizure activity has been more regular as well, dropping objects and having difficulty with my balance.

Mike has already seen me turn pale and collapse, and I know he is concerned. My heart just takes off like a jet engine and I can't get it to slow, I end up gasping for a breath and end up coughing a lot as my heart fills like it's doing flip flops in my chest.

The other day Mike told me "I need you in my life"; I just cry.

We pray and ask God, one way or another, to get us both on the other side of this trial; untethered from this nightmare so that we can love one another and focus all of our extra energy on serving Him.

We both pray that we will be able to grow old together, or for Abba to just take us together now. All we know is that we want to be together; and to be in His presence whether it be here or in heaven.

We love each other so very, very much.

NOT IN A FLOOD ZONE?

GOOD BYE HUMBLE ACRES


Popular Posts