Monday, April 18, 2011

OUR STORY Part 29: REALTORS WITHOUT REPRESENTATION?

Back in "Our Story Part 25" I shared that we were experiencing yet another set back in obtaining a trial date. We were informed that the law firm representing the seller's Realtors was being replaced, and a new defense firm was being subed in as representation.

The court had provided us with an available trial date of July 12th, however; in "Our Story Part 27" I related the fact that upon discussions between our attorney and the new law firm, we were informed that the attorney assigned to handle the Realtors' matter was going to be on vacation during the proposed, July 12th, trial date.

As a result, our attorney asked for a hearing to be scheduled for today, April 18th, 2011. The hearing was to be a trial setting hearing, where the new firm would attend and a trial date would hopefully be agreed upon between attorneys and the court. However, our situation with Chase Home Finance, as related in "Our Story Part 26," is critical; and even the proposed date of July 12th was potentially going to be too late to save the day.

We had not heard anything from our attorney, so an email was sent off to him to follow up on the hearing scheduled for today. I don't even know how to explain it, but in short; it appears that the "Motion for Substitution" was not for substitution of counsel, but merely a "Motion for Dismissal." In other words, instead of this new Dallas firm substituting in and representing the Realtors, they now have "NO" representation at all. According to our attorney, the Dallas defense firm turned the case away.

Why? We have no idea, and either does our attorney!

The clock is ticking away as the foreclosure sale date approaches and our lives hang in question. We are so very tired.

On a personal note, I am having issues with my left leg feeling like jello at times, not wanting to hold me up. Mike has tried taking me to the Fort Worth Nature Center a few times to unwind and get our minds of the property, but I become so weak, having seizure like activity that we have to get me home.

Today I begged God to untether us from this case. To meet our needs and to not allow us to be shamed before our enemies. To pour out a miracle of grace and provision upon us so that all would look upon the final chapter of this matter and glorify Him.

I really do just want some time of peace in which my husband and I can love one another and serve God without this case and the financial burdens pressing down upon us.


NOT IN A FLOOD ZONE?

GOOD BYE HUMBLE ACRES


Popular Posts