Tuesday, September 6, 2011

OUR STORY Part 58: WHERE IS THE FINAL JUDGMENT?

I really do feel like "road kill" on the highway of injustice tonight. For several years now we have been run down, backed over and run over again...repeatedly. And pretty soon we will be run out of town by what appears to be nothing more than local politics perpetuating the injustice of known fraud.

Perhaps it is nothing more than a steady stream of "convenient coincidences" and "bad breaks" that we should just brush them off as being nothing more than "perchance."

Tonight I find myself sitting here once again perplexed over the ongoing coincidences.We have been awaiting the posting of the judge's final judgment in order to determine when our timeline begins to file an appeal. So, I went on the county website to check the status only to find that it has yet to be filed. It is just a few days shy of two months since the judge ruled on the MSJ throwing our case out. So what's the delay?

I had an unpleasant thought cross my mind this evening. You see, we can't file an appeal until the final judgment is singed; and if the house forecloses before that happens we've already been told that the case is as much as dead in the water. Kaput! Inte nu längre genomförbar!

Lose possession of the house and the recovery of damages is pretty much a mute issue. Thus, everyone involved washes their hands of any further concern and goes home to their comfy little houses, careers and lives. Everyone that is, except us.  We will drive off into the horizon with some clothes, kitchen stuff and our dogs; while leaving behind our life savings, every stick of furniture and a place we called home. We will also most likely leave behind the fading whispers of tittle tattle amongst neighbors.

What are the chances of anyone with a case as strong as ours (and a guilty jury verdict under our belt) incurring as many back to back bad breaks as we have? And what's with these professionals who keep coming into our lives befriending us, under the guise of wanting to help us right a terrible wrong; and collecting documents and information from us only to fall off the face of the earth, never be seen or heard from again. It's been like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone.

Perhaps this is all simply over-reaching on our part, but we don't think so. And we're still glad to have backed up our blogger and tucked a few copies of it away with entrusted individuals just in case we happen to run into yet another inconvenient coincidence or, God forbid; some catastrophic happenstance.

It gets really tiresome taking the repeated hits like some unfortunate Armadillo strewn out in the middle of Jacksboro Hwy.

This is one of those days where I feel as though I'm  failing God. We prayed and were blessed with a little more time to prepare our exit plan; and for this I am truly thankful. Yet it comes with a painful twist; for at the same time there is this conflict warring within me as I sit here with a bleeding heart knowing that there is now an extended window of opportunity. The little girl inside me still hopes for a miracle to drop from the sky and save the day.

I'm not coping very well tonight, please forgive me Father.




Romans 7:21-8:5  (KJV)
“I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.”


NOT IN A FLOOD ZONE?

GOOD BYE HUMBLE ACRES


Popular Posts