Wednesday, September 7, 2011

OUR STORY Part 59: LORI & JOE


I just wanted to take a moment to thank Lori & Joe of "Lori's Estate Sales."

Our estate sale is scheduled to be held next week; and since our first meeting with Lori and Joe we felt a tremendous burden lifted from us in the passing the baton of this overwhelming task of trying to figure out how we were going to advertise, organize, research and price our personal belongings for sale. Needless to say, this is a very difficult time for us, and the thought of having to carry on the sensitive task of dealing with individuals on a personal level, and such an emotional issue was beyond our comprehension. Mike's career has been in sales for over 28 years, but it's an entirely different matter when you are selling your personal belongings under such unpleasant circumstances.

During our first meeting with Joe and Lori I had to go "toe to toe" with Mr. Joe over the issue of selling my wedding ring. "No ma'am I can't do that!" "Yes you can." "No ma'am, I won't do it!" was Joe's first response, bless his big Texas heart.

The evening went on with Mike and I feeling a true sense of compassion from both Lori and Joe equally. Since that time we have remained in constant communication regarding the details of sale and new items to be listed; and each time the response has been pleasant, personable and timely.

A perfect example of this precious business relationship is communication we had with Joe today. He contacted us with some potential "great news" about an inquiry he was making on our behalf. I was feeling in the dumps at the time and sent off an email to Joe. 
"Thank you very much for everything. Sorry I wasn’t more upbeat. Feeling a little defeated today."
Joe's response?
"Don't know why!!!!! Loving husband, not on the street, your alive, God loves you, 2 great dogs that love you, sun is shining, IT'S NOT RAINING, in and out burger is now in Texas."
My response . . .
"IN AN OUT IS IN TEXAS?!"
Good ole Joe! Just for that, Mike ended up taking me to In-n-Out Burger for dinner tonight! First burger we have had in about four years.

By the way, Lori and Joe were successful with getting me a very fair price on my wedding ring. And by the way Joe, I know about the stone. ;) What a sweet caring man you are!

My days have been increasingly difficult, and as much as I hate the pity party mood slumps it is a battle that God has been working with me to get through over the past several years. I know that God's grace has been extended to Mike and I both at this time through bringing this very precious couple into our lives to help us through the most difficult stage of our transition.

We love you both dearly. Thank you for everything you're doing and will be doing during the sale next week.

NOT IN A FLOOD ZONE?

GOOD BYE HUMBLE ACRES


Popular Posts